Sweet and succulent, strawberries are as beautiful as they are flavourful
The strawberry, the big berry, the king of the hull
Ever since BerryWorld started providing strawberries we’ve focused on perfecting the flavour.With so many appealing BerryWorld varieties to choose from, we’ve selected the finest strawberries to suit everyone's tastebuds. Our strawberries are always sweet, brilliantly red and fragrant.
BerryWorld strawberries can be found at the following select stores:
When buying strawberries, look for shiny, bright red berries. The colour may vary from season to season, but should be vibrant red. The calyx, the leaves at the top of the stem, should be green and fresh, with no browning. Strawberries are ready ripened when you buy them.
- Proportionally strawberries are low in calories and high in fibre
- Strawberries contain more vitamin C than the equivalent weight of fresh oranges, just 7 strawberries (80g) provides your recommended daily amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C contributes to maintain the normal function of the immune system and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin K (which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones) and manganese, as well as folic acid, potassium, riboflavin, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, copper, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids
- Strawberries contain significant levels of the antioxidant anthocyanidin which provides them with their vibrant red colour
- Historically strawberries were used medicinally to help with digestive ailments, teeth whitening and skin irritations
Strawberry nutrition per 100 g (~10 strawberries)
- 32 kcal
- 0.3g Fat
- 2g Fibre
- 0.6g Protein
- 2g Fibre
- 77mg Vitamin C
Best strawberry recipes
Whether they’re effortlessly blended into breakfast, making your lunch lighter, or baked into delicious desserts, strawberries make a scrumptious and nutritious addition to just about any occasion.
Here at BerryWorld we have created a host of tasty strawberry recipes especially for you to discover the richness and joy within the world of strawberries.