Griddled Halloumi with BerryWorld Blueberry, Spring Onion & Toasted Almond Couscous
Perfect for a mid-week supper or a special occasion this easy and quick to make vegetarian dish is both tasty and healthy, the spiciness of the harissa complementing the sweet and juicy blueberries.
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 4tbsp natural yoghurt
- 500g halloumi cut in to 12 slices
- 200g couscous
- 250ml vegetable
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g blueberries
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- 28g packet or handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Mix together the harissa and yoghurt, coat the halloumi and leave to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight if time allows.
- Place the couscous into a large pan, add the hot stock and olive oil, stir and cover with cling film, leave for 5 minutes then fluff up with a fork.
- Add the blueberries, spring onions, lemon juice and most of the toasted almonds and mint. Season to taste.
- Griddle the marinated halloumi for approximately 1-2 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of the warm couscous with the remaining toasted almonds and mint sprinkled over. Serve with a green salad.
Cook’s tip: Halloumi can be replaced with either salmon or lamb.