BerryWorld Strawberry, Asparagus & Ginger Salad
This salad is such a pretty one! Grill the British asparagus, mix the fresh halved strawberries with crispy lardons, toasted almond, adding everything together. A little ginger preserve, a dash of vinegar & olive oil mixed together are perfect drizzle on top of the salad with lots of black pepper.
For the salad
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g of smoked pancetta
- 500g asparagus
- 400g strawberries halved
- 50g sliced almonds, toasted
- 100g English goats’ cheese
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp ginger preserve
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Brush the griddle pan with the tsp of oil and fry the pancetta until crispy brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Having removed the tough ends, add the young asparagus spears to the hot pan, turning every so often and cook for 3-4 minutes so they are nicely charred. Remove and place in a warm dish.
- Using an empty jam jar, put all the dressing ingredients in together and with the lid on, shake vigorously to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Scatter the warm pancetta over the asparagus followed by the strawberries and crumbled goats’ cheese, sprinkle with the toasted almonds and drizzle with the ginger dressing. Season well with salt black pepper and serve.