Strawberry & Blueberry Hot Pots
Use old jars hanging around to make these puddings. They're easily transportable with their lids and they look great. The baked fruit, spiced and nuts with a crunchy top are delicious enjoyed cold or hot with a dollop of ice cream.
- Heat your oven to 190c.
- In a bowl, mix the berries, caster sugar, vanilla, cornflour, orange juice and zest, ensuring the berries are well coated then chill in fridge whilst making the dough.
- In another bowl, blend the flour, nuts, spice, and muscovado sugar then rub the butter in to make a crumbly dough.
- Pour the berry mix into the jars then divide the dough into 4-6 balls, flatten them slightly and push down firmly on the berries like a lid.
- Place the jars on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving or chill, screw lids on and transport for a picnic.
- 300 BerryWorld Strawberries, quartered
- 300g BerryWorld Blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1⁄4 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 45g flour
- 45g slivered almonds
- 45g chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 tsp all spice
- 75g muscovado sugar
- pinch of salt
- 75g softened butter
- 4-6 oven safe jam jars (with lids if you are transporting pots on a picnic)