Strawberry, Spinach & Bayonne Ham Salad
Quickly sauted spinach with meltingly soft Bayonne ham is topped with a black pepper dressing and juicy fresh strawberries as well as some fresh baby spinach leaves for a bit of a crunch. This "hot and cold" strawberry spinach salad is perfect as a starter for a romantic dinner or a weekend lunch for two.
- Make the dressing by putting all of the ingredients into a small bowl or jug, whisk them all together, adjust the seasoning if necessary and set aside.
- In a large wok, place half of the spinach leaves into the pan and with a tablespoon of water, sauté over a high heat until just wilted.
- Arrange the wilted spinach on a serving plate, or two individual plates and add the uncooked spinach leaves.
- Place the pieces of Bayonne ham in and around the spinach leaves along with the sliced strawberries and drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tsp single cream
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground course black pepper
For the salad
- 1 x 225g bag of baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 large slices of Bayonne ham, torn into small pieces
- 12 BerryWorld Strawberries, hulled and sliced