Strawberry Kilner Jar Salad
The fresh black pepper and balsamic vinegar dressing complements the sweetness of the strawberries in this salad designed to be assembled and enjoyed straight from the kilner jar, perfect for lunches on the go.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chickpeas rinsed and drained
- handful of rocket
- 250g Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 100g feta cubed
- 1 tbsp shredded mint
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- You’ll need a 500g kilner jar or similar.
- First pour the balsamic vinegar and olive oil into the jar, and season with a pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Shake the jar to mix ingredients.
- Then, beginning with the chickpeas layer up the ingredients within the jar, finishing with the feta and mint. It is important not to have the salad leaves next to the dressing as the vinegar will cause the leaves to wilt. Squeeze the lemon over the top of the salad, and seal the jar.
- When ready to eat, shake the jar to coat the salad in the dressing and then enjoy straight from the jar. Store upright.