Simple Strawberry Cheesecake
This super simple strawberry cheesecake is an absolute doddle to make and will freeze well for up to 3 months. For the best results, cut the cheesecake into wedges while it is still slightly frozen in the middle.
- Put your freezer setting onto Fast Freeze, or clear some space in the rapid freezing section/coldest part of your freezer, at least an hour before making the cheesecake.
- Line a 23cm spring clip cake tin with a large piece of aluminium foil. Press down well into the base and sides of the tin and leave plenty overhanging the edges.
- To make the topping, place 200g of the strawberries in a saucepan with the sugar and 1 tbsp cold water. Cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until the strawberries are very soft. Remove from the heat, stir in the reserved raw strawberries and leave to cool.
- Put the biscuits in a freezer bag and bash to crumbs with a rolling pin. Mix with the melted butter. Tip the buttered crumbs into the prepared tin and press firmly into the base to create an even layer. Put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until solid.
- Just before the base is ready, use an electric whisk to beat the condensed milk, cheese and cream together until thickened – this will take around 5 minutes. Add the grated zest and beat until the cheese mixture forms very stiff peaks.
- Spoon over the biscuit base and top with the cold strawberry sauce. Open freeze for 3 hours or until solid. (If you are not freezing the cheesecake, simply chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.)
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin in its foil. Cover with the overhanging foil and seal firmly to keep out as much air as possible. Wrap in a second layer of foil, pop into a large freezer bag, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, unwrap the cheesecake while frozen, removing all the foil, and put on a plate or cake stand. Thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. If leaving any longer, place in the fridge. Eat within a couple of days.
For the topping
- 450g BerryWorld Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 50g caster sugar
For the base
- 250g digestive biscuits, roughly broken
- 100g butter, melted
For the filling
- 397g can condensed milk
- 300g full fat soft cheese, such as Philadelphia
- 200ml double cream
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon