Strawberry, Parma Ham & Parmesan Crostini
This is a wonderfully quick and aromatic way to introduce strawberries into a savoury snack. The Parmesan works really well with the strawberries and balsamic with the savoury sourdough being the perfect base.
- 200g of quartered BerryWorld Strawberries
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of thinly cut parma ham
- 100g of parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 tbsp of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a small handful of basil leaves
- black pepper to season
- Firstly, hull and quarter the strawberries and set aside.
- Toast the sourdough bread and then place on a serving platter. Arrange the parma ham on top of each slice of bread, top with some strawberries and then sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Finally, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with the basil leaves and some freshly cracked black pepper.