Strawberry Cranachan with Granola and Yoghurt
Strawberry cranachan mixes homemade granola with layers of strawberries and yoghurt for a decadent dessert To save time, you could always buy the Granola ready made.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, Then warm 2tbsps of sunflower oil, honey, sugar and cinnamon together in a saucepan.
- Lightly oil a baking tray. Mix together the oatmeal, oats and nuts and spread them evenly over the baking tray.
- Pour over the warmed honey mixture and toss well together, to coat all the dry ingredients. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, until the mixture is crisp. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble the cranachan
- Whip the cream till it forms soft peaks and then add the yoghurt, sugar, vanilla and whiskey or liqueur to taste.
- Break the granola into small pieces and fill serving glasses with layers of granola, cream and strawberry slices.
For the granola
- 4 tbsps sunflower oil
- 2 tbsps honey
- 100g light brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 120g oatmeal flakes
- 120g porridge oats
- 150g coarsely chopped pecan nuts
- 150g coarsely chopped almonds
For the cranachan
- 300ml double cream, 300ml yoghurt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Seeds of one vanilla pod or 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- Whiskey, or any liqueur you prefer
- 500g BerryWorld Strawberries