Healthy Chia & Blueberry Muffins
Another healthy berry recipe! These oaty little chia & blueberry muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go, or something healthy to snack on in the day. Make a load on a Sunday evening before your working week.
- Heat the oven to 160C fan and line a muffin tin with 10 cases. In a bowl combine the grated apple, cinnamon, lemon zest, chia seeds, oil and eggs, mix well then stir in the blueberries and set aside for the chia seeds to expand, it will take 5 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the sugar, flour and baking powder, making sure there’s no lumps. Tip in the wet mixture and mix together quickly.
- Divide the mixture between the cake cases and scatter a few oats over each one. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until well risen and they spring back when you gently press the centre.
- 100g apple, coarsely grated, including the skin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2tbsp milk
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 120g BerryWorld Blueberries
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp rolled oats