Special Chicken & Blackberry Salad
This chicken and blackberry salad not only looks beautiful, but packs a punch when it comes to flavour. The soft chicken mixed with the juicy blackberries and the zesty lemon dressing is a winner.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Put the bread onto an oven tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes until crisp.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and season.
- Put the chicken, watercress, feta and blackberries in a salad bowl or plate, add the croutons and drizzle with dressing.
- Toss well and serve.
Note: The flavour of walnut bread works well with blackberries but if you can’t find it then any bread will do.
- 2 slices walnut bread, ripped into small chunks
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Bag of watercress
- 50g feta
- 100g BerryWorld Blackberries
For the dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 2tsp honey