Dark and juicy, blackberries have an amazingly sweet taste
The blackberry, plump and bold
Blackberries are sweet yet tart berries that burst with a deep citrus-like flavour when you bite into them.
Sweet and juicy BerryWorld blackberries are more than just a tasty treat; they're also full of beneficial nutrients and are particularly high in anthocyanins, a dark-coloured antioxidant phytochemical that gives blackberries their characteristic purple-black tone.
Our blackberries add a gorgeous flavour, not to mention visual appeal, to all areas of cooking and baking.
BerryWorld blackberries can be found at the following select stores:
When buying blackberries, look for plump, deep purple berries. The colour should be dark and consistent and there should not be too many red druplets on the berries. A little juice in the punnet is harmless and will make for sweet and ripe berries. Blackberries are ready ripened when you buy them.
- Blackberries are full of flavonoids (anthocyanins), a type of antioxidant that gives the skin its colour
- Studies show that blackberries may reduce the risk of heart disease and inhibit colon cancer.
- Blackberries contain high amounts of salicylic acid which is said to be great for your skin. All you have to do is eat them and soak up the benefits!
- Blackberries have astringent tannins that are brilliant for oral hygiene as have a healing effect.
Blackberry nutrition per 100 g
- 172 kJ in blackberries
- 0.2g Fat in blackberries
- 10g Carbohydrate in blackberries
- 1g Protein in blackberries
- 5g Fibre in blackberries
- 15mg Vitamin C in blackberries
Best blackberry recipes
Whether they’re effortlessly blended into breakfast, making your lunch lighter, or baked into delicious desserts, blackberries make a scrumptious and nutritious addition to just about any occasion.
Here at BerryWorld we have created a host of tasty blackberry recipes especially for you to discover the richness and joy within the world of blackberries.