Open Cheese & Berry Tart
If you’re looking for a quick and easy supper, try out this brilliant sweet and savoury tart recipe today.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (180°C Fan) and have all your ingredients ready to be used. Line your large rectangular baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry to fit the large rectangular baking tray, but don’t roll it out thinner than 5mm. Transfer the puff pastry sheet onto the rectangular tray.
3. Score the edges of the pastry by drawing out a smaller rectangle with a knife, this will allow the edges to raise while cooking. Place a smaller tray to cover the smaller rectangle you drew out. Place the large baking tray in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and golden brown.
4. While the pastry is cooking, put together the filling by combining the strawberries, blueberries, peas, lambs lettuce and pine nuts together in a bowl. Combine the ricotta cheese with ½ cup chopped basil leaves and mix together.
5. Once the pastry is done, take it out of the oven, remove the smaller tray and let it cool so the ricotta doesn’t melt when it’s spread on the base.
6. To assemble, spread a fine layer of the ricotta and basil mixture onto the centre of the pastry, spread the filling evenly over it followed by some salt pepper and shavings of parmesan cheese. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- 100g BerryWorld strawberries, sliced
- 100g BerryWorld blueberries
- 135g peas
- 150g ricotta
- 50g lambs lettuce
- 25g pine nuts
- 500g block of puff pastry
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Finely chopped basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper