Duck & Cranberry Canapes
These stylish little canapes contain all of the festive flavours. The gamey duck notes are perfectly complemented by warm spices and tart cranberries.
- Score the duck skin, rub with the all spice and season well with salt and pepper. Place, skin side down, in a cold frying pan and gradually turn up the heat until the duck has been cooking for 10 minutes and the skin is crisp, and the fat has rendered out.
- Turn the duck over and cook for a further 4 minutes or until browned. Place on a warm plate and set aside to rest while you make the sauce.
- Pour the wine into the duck pan, stir and let it simmer for a minute. Reduce to a medium heat and add all of the other ingredients apart from the spring onions, and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the sauce is thick and the cranberries are soft. Taste and season.
- Warm the blinis according to the pack instructions and lay on a serving plate. Slice the duck into thin slices. Lay one slice on each blini, top with some sauce and a few slices of spring onion. Serve any remaining sauce on the side.
- 2 duck breasts
- 1tsp all spice
- 100ml red wine
- 50g cranberries
- ½ orange, juice only
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3tbsp red currant jelly
- 1 pack of mini blinis (16)
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly