BBQ Prawn Tacos with Strawberry, Avocado & Jalapeno Salsa
These tacos are a great flavour combination, they are also a fun way to get children involved in food as they can build their own Tacos, and make a really great addition to a BBQ too. The salsa is also a great healthy alternative to sugar-filled, shop-bought BBQ sauces and the chilli even gives your metabolism a boost.
- Firstly make the salsa, then it can sit marinating for a while. To do this, dice the strawberries and avocados into roughly the same sized pieces (just under 1cm square) then mix with a squeeze of lime juice. Next, finely dice the red onion and the jalapenos and mix with the strawberries, avocados and a handful of fresh coriander. Season and set aside.
- For the prawns, first make the spice mix by stirring the spices with the chopped garlic and adding to the olive oil. Next, de-head the prawns and take out the black line on their back, then cover the prawns with the spiced olive oil.
- To heat the tacos, either dry-fry them or wrap them in foil and place in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- To cook the prawns, place on skewers and BBQ the prawns for about 2 minutes each side (depending on thickness). The meat should turn white and the outside should turn pink.
- To serve, place a couple of tacos on each plate, pile in the prawns and salsa, then serve with salad and the limes on the side. More chilli sauce can be added if you like it hot! Roll up the tacos and enjoy!
For the salsa:
- 250g hulled BerryWorld strawberries
- 2 ripe avocados
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 red onion
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- Seat salt and pepper
For the spice mix
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried coriander
- A pinch of cumin
- A pinch of dried oregano
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- 800g raw kings prawns
- 8-12 soft corn tacos
- 4 limes (quartered)
- Salad to serve
|Per 100g||Per Serving||%GDA||Traffic Lights|
|Sat Fat (g)||4.6||23||Low|