Strawberry, Mozzarella & Basil Salad
This salad combines sweet strawberries, creamy mozzarella, sharp citrus lemon and fragrant basil. For a lower fat version try using reduced fat mozzarella, and pile high on crisp breads for an easy lunch snack.
- Using a vegetable peeler remove slivers of the lemon peel. In a small pan heat the oil then drop in the lemon peel and cook till it shows the very first signs of browning. Fish them out immediately with a tongs and dry on some kitchen roll. Turn the temperature down a little and do the same with the basil leaves taking care as the oils may spit. Cook until they're translucent then set the flavoured oil aside to cool.
- Rip the Mozzarella ball into pieces and arrange the strawberries and mozzarella on 2 plates. Squeeze half the lemon into the cooled oil, add a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper and whisk.
- Drizzle a few spoonful’s of dressing over the strawberries and mozzarella then scatter over the basil and lemon zest.
- Keep any remaining dressing in the fridge and use on salads, fish or pasta.
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 10-15 basil leaves
- 10 BerryWorld Strawberries, halved
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella