Mixed Berry Pavlova
Impress the whole family with this show-stopping dessert. Indulgent, light and the addition of lemon curd gives it a lovely citrus flavour.
- Pre-heat oven to 130°C
- Using an electric whisk, whip the egg whites until they become stiff. Gradually add spoonfuls of sugar, whisking well in between each spoonful, until all the sugar is combined, and the whites are stiff and glossy. Spoon the meringue onto a baking sheet lined with silicone paper and spread into a circle. Build up the sides of the pavlova so when cooked, there will be a well in the centre for the cream.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour. To Prepare the fruit, slice the strawberries and combine them in a bowl with the other berries and 1tsp caster sugar and set aside or marinate.
- After 1 hour turn off the oven and leave the meringue in to cool. It should be crisp and slightly golden, but it will still be soft in the middle. When it’s cool, carefully slide off the paper onto a serving plate.
- Beat the cream to soft peaks and spread in the middle of the pavlova. Drip and drizzle the lemon curd over and top with the berries and give it a final dusting of icing sugar and serve.
Note: Make sure the bowl and whisk you use for the egg whites are very clean. If there’s any residual grease or oil on them it will inhibit the volume of the meringue.
- 4 large egg whites
- 200g caster sugar, plus 1 tsp for marinating
- 1tsp corn flour
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp lemon curd
- 400g BerryWorld berries