Brunch Strawberry Soufflé
A fluffy soufflé style BerryWorld strawberry omelette, perfect for a leisurely weekend breakfast or brunch served with vanilla sugar.
- Place the strawberries with the vanilla sugar into a bowl, and allow to macerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to make the soufflé omelettes, have your serving plate ready and preheat the grill to high.
- Beat the egg yolks with the caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the whisked egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, lightly folding through with a metal spoon being careful not knock the air out of the egg whites.
- Melt a little butter in a non-stick oven-proof omelette pan or small frying pan. Spoon the omelette mixture into pan and cook the omelette until the edges are dry. Take the omelette off the heat and place under the pre-heated grill and cook until it is puffed up and light and golden.
- Slide the soufflé omelette onto a warmed plate and spoon the vanilla strawberries onto one side of the omelette, then carefully fold the omelette over and sprinkle vanilla sugar over the top. Serve immediately with extra strawberries on the side.
- 100g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 20g vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- a little butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- extra vanilla sugar to serve