Raspberry & Pistachio Tarts
These tasty tarts are the perfect summer recipe, the juicy raspberries and pistachio flavours perfectly complement each other with the buttery pastry.
- Make the filling by placing the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Place the egg, yolks, sugar, cornflour and pistachio paste into a bowl and whisk.
- Pour the milk over the egg yolk mixture and whisk together. Pour the mixture back into the pan and cook over medium heat, whisking until the mixture is thick. Scrape back into the bowl, cover with Clingfilm, and refrigerate until needed.
- To make the pastry place the flour, almonds, icing sugar and salt into a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and the water and pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball. Tip the mixture out onto the work surface and use your hands to knead together into a dough. Wrap in Clingfilm and refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until about 2-3mm thick and cut out 6 rounds of pastry big enough to line 10cm wide tart tins. Use the pastry to line six 10cm loose bottomed tart tins. Place the tarts onto a baking tray and refrigerate until the pastry is chilled.
- Line each tart case with a piece of baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake in an oven at 180C (160C fan) for about 20 minutes then remove the parchment and the beans and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Assemble the tarts by filling each tart shell with a layer of the pistachio mixture, top with raspberries and chopped pistachios, dusting with a little icing sugar.
Filling and topping
- 225ml whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g cornflour
- 50g pistachio paste
- 600g fresh BerryWorld Raspberries
- 25g chopped pistachios
- 200g plain flour
- 20g ground almonds
- 40g icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp ice cold water
Pâte à tartelettes
- 200 g de farine
- 20 g de poudre d’amandes
- 40 g de sucre glace
- 1 pincée de sel
- 125 g de beurre
- 1 gros jaune d’œuf
- 1 cuillère à soupe d’eau glacée
|Per 100g||Per Serving||%GDA||Traffic Lights|
|Sat Fat (g)||5.4||13.9||70||High|