Strawberry Scotch Pancakes
A delicious and indulgent Pancake Day idea that everyone will love
- Beat together the butter, cinnamon and sugar. Dollop it into a saucepan and melt over a medium heat. When the butter starts to froth add the strawberries, toss well in the butter and turn off the heat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg, and milk until smooth. Heat a heavy based, non-stick frying pan or bake stone and grease with a little oil. Pour small amounts of batter into the frying pan (about 2 tablespoons per pancake), once the top has bubbled and dried flip the pancake and cook the other side till golden. Keep warm whilst you make the rest of the batter.
- Reheat the strawberries gently while you arrange the pancakes. Place a pancake on each serving plate and spread with mascarpone then arrange some sliced strawberries on top. Repeat this layering until all the pancakes are used up. Top the stack with any remaining strawberry slices and drizzle over the melted cinnamon butter.
- 16 BerryWorld strawberries, sliced
- 60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4tsp sugar
- 200g flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 200g mascarpone