This is such a simple and easy way of serving fresh, ripe seasonal strawberries at the end of a relaxed supper party. Everyone can get stuck into their preferred flavour combinations, and can taste each accompaniment. Ricotta is an Italian whey cheese and can be found in most supermarkets. Let the sweet and fragrant taste of strawberries speak for itself, or enhance it by dipping in this wonderful array of spices and flavours.
- Hull and clean the strawberries, removing the green stem with a teaspoon. Now slice the strawberries in half, and place them in a serving bowl on a tray. Prepare 5 more small bowls, all to be served on the same tray.
- Using a pestle and mortar, lightly crush the black pepper corns, and then place them in a small bowl, on the same tray as the strawberries.
- Lightly crush the red pepper corns, as above, and place them in a separate bowl, again on the tray. Mix the ricotta in another bowl with the ground cinnamon
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Place the lemon zest in another bowl, and mix in the sugar.
- Serve the prepared tray to your guests, and they can dip each strawberry into the flavours alternately.
- 500g BerryWorld Strawberries
- 100g Schwartz black pepper corns
- 100g red pepper corns
- 250g Galbani Ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of Schwartz ground cinnamon
- 100ml of aged traditional, balsamic vinegar from Modena
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 100g unrefined soft brown cane sugar