Strawberry, Toasted Almond & Caramel Pancakes
Ideal for breakfast or dessert, the strawberry, caramel and almond pancakes are delicious.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and leave to macerate while you make the pancakes. Switch your oven on to a low heat.
- Place the flour in a bowl and gently whisk in the milk and eggs so you have a lump free batter. It should be the consistency of singe cream.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat then wipe it with oil. Ladle enough batter into the pan to coat the base with an even, thin layer when you tilt it around the pan.
- Leave the batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Using a fish slice or a flick of the wrist, turn or flip the pancake to cook the other side. Once cooked pop it on a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat this till all the batter is used up and you have a pile of pancakes.
- Gently fold the juicy strawberries and caramel through the yoghurt till it just ripples. Serve 2 pancakes per person topped with a dollop of the yoghurt mixture and scatter with almonds.
- 100g flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- oil for frying
- 20 BerryWorld Strawberries, chopped
- 2tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp caramel sauce
- 300ml greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp heaped, toasted almonds
|Per 100g||Per Serving||%GDA||Traffic Lights|
|Sat Fat (g)||2.2||11||Low|