Blueberry Quinoa Salad
This tasty salad is ideal for easy lunches, with the sweet flavour of the blueberries and the crunchiness of the pepper this is sure to be a go to dish. The quinoa adds a healthy, nutty twist.
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan with double the depth of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the dressing. Gently heat the oil in a frying pan with the coriander seed and peppercorns. Warm through until the spices toast and the oil sizzles. Set aside to cool for a few minutes then squeeze in the lemon juice and season.
- In another frying pan cook the almonds and pumpkin seeds until the seeds start to pop and the almonds are toasted.
- When the quinoa is cooked drain any remaining water then pour over the dressing and stir well. De-seed and chop the pepper, finely slice the red onion and add all the remaining ingredients to the quinoa. Season and stir to evenly distribute and coat with the dressing.
Note: if you’re short on time, grab a pouch of ready to eat quinoa.
- 100g quinoa
- 35g almonds, whole, skin on, roughly chopped
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 150g BerryWorld Blueberries
- Bag of 'superfood' style salad leaves
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
For the dressing
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp coriander seed, roughly crushed
- 1tbsp pink peppercorns, roughly crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
|Per 100g||Per Serving||%GDA||Traffic Lights|
|Sat Fat (g)||1||3.4||17||Low|