This heavenly homemade ice cream flecked with chunks of fresh strawberries is super easy to make.
- Carefully rinse strawberries in cold water. Dry thoroughly with paper towel and hull. It is important that the strawberries are very dry, otherwise ice cream will be more icy than creamy. Set 1/3 aside for adding later.
- In a bowl, combine remaining strawberries, 4 tbsp sugar and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for one hour minimum.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy. Slowly whisk in 10 tbsp sugar until combined. Whisk in cream and milk until mixed.
- Remove strawberries from fridge and purée with a hand blender. Mix into ice cream base.
- Churn ice cream in ice cream maker, according to manufacturer’s instructions. While churning, mash remaining strawberries and drain juice well.
- When churning has finished, fold in strawberry chunks.
- Freeze overnight before serving.
Tip: Serve by the scoop in a glass, in crunchy cones, or on toasted store-bought waffles.