This delicious yet simple cranberry sauce recipe uses minimal ingredients but is a real hit when it comes to flavour. Perfect with your Christmas dinner or used as an accompaniment to other dishes.
- Put the sugar and juice into a jam pan or large heavy based saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to bubble until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries to the pan and stir well. Return to the boil and cook for 10 minutes so that the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens and becomes jammy.
- Allow to cool a little and, if desired, use a stick blender to whizz to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to sterilised jars and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.