This perfect festive cocktail combines the sweet tanginess of fresh cranberries, lime and rum with the refreshing cool hit of mint. Making a batch of the homemade cranberry syrup allows you to make other cranberry drinks over the festive period.
- Put the cranberries, sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer and allow to bubble for 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the berries burst.
- Leave to cool allowing the cranberries to steep for a few hours or overnight. Strain the mixture into a jug, pushing it through the sieve with the back of a spoon.
- To make a Mojito, put the mint leaves in a glass with the lime juice, mix and crush together with the handle of a wooden spoon. Add the syrup, rum and ice and stir well or shake together in a cocktail mixer.
- Top up with soda water and add a sprig of mint and a few cranberries to serve.
Note: Use white rum for a classic Mojito flavour or spiced rum for a richer more Christmassy taste.
For the cranberry syrup
- 500g BerryWorld cranberries
- 250ml water
- 300g sugar
For the mojito
- 10 mint leaves
- 1/2 lime
- 4 tbsp/60 ml rum
- 4 tbsp/60ml cranberry syrup
- Soda water