This perfect festive cocktail combines the sweet tanginess of fresh cranberries, lime and rum with the refreshing cool hit of mint. Making a batch of the homemade cranberry syrup allows you to make other cranberry drinks over the festive period.
- Heat the cranberries, water and sugar over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool strain the syrup through a sieve.
- Place a few sprigs of mint, half a lime, 4 tbsp of cranberry syrup and 4 tbsp of rum in each glass and stir.
- Add some ice and douse in soda water.
- Serve with extra mint and a few cranberries - enjoy!
For the cranberry syrup
- 300g cranberries
- 100ml water
- 100g sugar
For the mojito
- Fresh mint
- 1 Lime
- Soda water